Sunday, January 27, 2013

Catch-Up Time!

Friday was a lovely surprise, but now I have some cathing up to do! Not to mention I was already a day behind on my timeline. It didn't take me long to get behind. :) Oh well, tomorow I hope my students bring back their consent forms so I can officially begin. Tomorrow I will also be giving my students their reading interest surveys and begin teaching them their first multisensory activity! I think they are really going to love it. They will be using wikki stix, which I have alwasy heard about, and my kids have gotten them at resaurants to play with at the table, but I never really knew how I could use them in my reading instruction. My plan is to look at each student's word list from the Literacy First Assessment, and take a small group of words (about 5) they haven't learned yet and write them on half sheets of card stock (I really needed the big index cards, but didn't have any at the moment). They will use the wikki stix to make the word on the half sheet of cardstock. I am a little nervous about making sure I write down and collect quality qualitative data. I am excited to get started!

2 comments:

  1. We are doing very similar studies! I am excited to see what you find as well. I am already behind to because of the snow day and have not recieved all of my permission forms back either. I am nervous about collecting data...hoping it goes smoothly this first week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog design. It is so fun and energetic! Your students will love the Wikki Stix activity. I used to use them all of the time to practice spelling words. I am also waiting on consent forms from a few of my students. Instruction or assessment didn't really change for any of my students so I can hold out a bit longer before deleting students that do return consent from my data sheet. I hope you get the rest of yours soon! Good luck!

    PS... You may get another version of this comment. You can just delete it. I wasn't signed in the first time I made comments, so I guess it didn't post.

    ReplyDelete